FIRST THINGS FIRST


Why do I speak so much about God and spirituality?

Because that's the core and central point of our entire existence: start to finish. 

So, this is the gist...

I'm a big picture person. I look for the critical factors in any endeavour. I avoid nonessentials and dodge distractions. I strive to stay focused on the main goal and not get lost in transit. 

Ever so often, I retreat to the drawing board to touch base with the basics and be sure I'm still on course in the divine agenda and grand vision, or to know if plans and methods have changed. 

What shall it profit a man to initially and temporarily gain the whole world of vast possibilities but to eventually lose his precious eternal soul? One thing is sure: his soul is MOST critical. 

So, I take care of soul issues FIRST. It has nothing with being sanctimonious or 'spirikoko' just for the sake of it. I've seen a few things in life and I know there's really nothing to this life. 

After all is said and done, it's about God and your soul. The most critical issues ever. That's what I do to keep it simple, straightforward and sane.

Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness then the "rest" shall be added. Eternity is the ultimate. Spirituality, that is your relationship with God FIRST, is the core thing. 

That's why I focus on my spiritual foundation FIRST. Then I approach EVERY other thing from that perspective. 

If there's a God, He must be the Reference, the Compass and the True North of all that there is. Except He is lawless or without principle, order or system.

That's my kind of person. I believe it's foolhardy to focus on frivolity when, in the fundamentals, you are found wanting and fruitless. 

Good things can be bad for you when they are done at bad times or in bad ways with bad motives. (Maybe somewhat of an idealist's mindset but it's better to cover the main issues FIRST with fresh energies and if there's time we may add the secondary stuff, for "good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over"). 

Better to win the big prize and lose the lesser trophies, if you must win only one or if you must prioritize in a scale of preference. 

Wisdom teaches to major on majors. 

So I say...

First things first. Never forget that. 

Peace to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DESTROY THIS TEMPLE

WORSHIP!

SCRIPTURE IS INERRANT AND SUFFICIENT