THE TRUTH ABOUT MR NICE


That I respect, appreciate and love on people doesn't mean I'm trying to be Mr Nice, or that I'm "too good to be true" and thus phony, as some folks may initially misjudge until they get to know better. 

It simply means I'm doing to others what I want them to do to me. That I'm treating others the way and manner I like to be treated. 

But that's not even it really because I'm learning to curb my expectations from fallen human nature even among Christ followers (we're all still work in progress, after all).

Final analysis, the real reason I treat people the way I do is this: I treat people the way and manner I treat me. It requires a great deal of selflessness, conscientiousness and sometimes lots of faith and God's grace.

It's almost alien and odd in a perverse, deceitful, self-indulgent, egocentric, opportunistic, hedonistic, callous and competitive human ecosystem.

But it's simply based on the fundamental principle or law of love that Jesus Himself prescribed for His true followers: "Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

Who is your neighbor? Did you ask? He answered: anyone and everyone that truly needs your help, inclusive of strangers, exclusive of usurpers. For therein some have entertained or refreshed angels. And therein you shall be acting as the true children of your Heavenly Father. 

Nice is not a fruit of the Spirit. Nice is not the intention. Love is a fruit of the Spirit. Love is the inspiration or motivation. 

But love is not always nice. Love can be both tender and tough but is always good-willed and gracious never spiteful or hateful.

Behold, life is a beautiful or ugly continuum for the beautiful and ugly respectively. What goes around does surely come around. 

Love your fellow humanity the selfsame way that you love yourself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DESTROY THIS TEMPLE

WORSHIP!

SCRIPTURE IS INERRANT AND SUFFICIENT